Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another Reason I LOVE Photoshop

So, in almost every picture one of the subjects is looking away, looking not-so-good, or purposely trying to sabotage the photograph (I won't name names, but this person's name starts with 'A' and ends with 'ddie'!).

It bugs me when I take a thousand pictures and find only one or two that are pretty good (i.e. This year's Christmas photos ! More about that in another post!). Since I have Photoshop and know how to use most of its features, I decided to take matters into my own hands with some pictures Chris took of me and the kids at the top of Currituck Lighthouse (Corolla, NC) in August 2008.

Addie looks cute here:



Kiefer and I look OK here, someone else does not...

So, using Photoshop's awesome layer mask, a steady hand and about an hour, I merged Addie'scute face onto her grumpy face (and fixed the overexposed sky while I was at it) and got this!



Is Photoshop awesome, or what?!

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay! No YOU are awesome for getting it looking that good. I have Photoshop 4.0 and now the newer 6.0 Elements, and I still can't do stuff like this yet. I really need a course or something (then again I really need the time to take a course or something) HAAAA *insert evil laugh here*

    ReplyDelete